The Darebin RSL is always busy with events and meetings, all year long!
Please check the calendar below for events and meetings that may concern or interest you.
If you wish to make a booking or require more information, please call us on
Darebin RSL key commemorative activities:
- ANZAC Day – 25th April
Commemorates the landing at Gallipoli on 25th April 1915 – is Australia’s National Day of Remembrance.
- ‘VP’ Day- 15th August
Commemorates the end of World War 2 on the 15th August 1945
- Vietnam Veterans- ‘Long Tan’- 18th August
Commemorates Australia’s involvement in the Vietnam War and the battle of Long Tan on the 18th August 1966.
- Remembrance Day – 11th November
Commemorates the end of World War 1 on the 11th November 1918.
For details please contact Darebin RSL Reception on 9484 4353
FRIDAY NIGHT RAFFLES
- Meat Raffles every Friday night at 7:00pm. Raffle tickets are available for purchase from 6.00pm in the Members lounge and throughout the venue.
- The Friday night Members Draw (Blue barrell located at Reception, exclusive to Darebin RSL members only) is drawn every Friday night at 7:30pm. Members are entitled to daily entry for a chance to win $25, $50 or $100 worth of Venue Vouchers, which they can spend on food or drink at Darebin RSL. You do not need to be here, if your ticket is pulled out and your not in the venue, we will post them out to you!!!
ANNUAL EVENTS 2020
- Annual General Meeting
Sunday 15th March 11.00am
- Darebin RSL ANZAC Day
Sunday 19th April – March starts at the cnr Pender & High St (assemble at 10am) with the Service at the Cenotaph outside The Preston Town hall, High St at approximately 10:30am.
- Darebin RSL ANZAC Day Dawn Service
Saturday 25th April – 6:00am @ All Nations Park, Northcote
Followed by a Full Buffet Brekky at Darebin RSL $20 per person $15 for seniors. Pay at the door
- Darebin RSL Women’s Auxiliary Mothers Day Lunch
Friday 8th May – Function Room
- Rodney Breavington Memorial Service
Tuesday 1st September – 11am @ All Nations Park, Northcote
- Bita Paka
Friday 11th September – 11am @ The Shrine of Remembrance
- Half Yearly Meeting
Sunday 20th September – 11.00am
- Remembrance Day Memorial Service
Wednesday 11th November – 10.30am Cenotaph outside Preston Town Hall, High Street
- Annual General Meeting
57/60 Battalion Association
- Meet the second Wednesday of each month.
- The 57/60 Battalion was formed during World War two.
- President Frank Dring.
- Secretary Max Smith.
- For further information contact Max Smith on 98423811.
National Servicemen’s Association of Australia
- National Servicemen’s Association of Australia [Victorian Branch] Northern District Incorporated [Preston Sub-Branch] meets at the Darebin RSL Clubrooms, Kelvin Grove on the first Sunday of the month except July, which is the second Sunday.
- They also hold their functions in our clubrooms.
- New Members are most welcome.
- For further information please contact the President E. Noel Blake on 9467 7208.